PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Robbie bites the dust - Oz
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 04:41
Sonofigor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OvertHawk
Is it just me or is this rather predictable "well done for getting rid of another one" stuff starting to wear a bit thin?

It was perhaps funny the first once or twice but really...? If that's all you've got to contribute about helicopter accidents then I am reminded of the phrase "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it".

Robbo's have their weaknesses, and I've flown one unlike a lot of the armchair experts on here. I'd not choose to fly one again however this school playground knee-jerk nonsense is really starting to have a detrimental effect on any thread that involves a Robbo, overshadowing and discouraging real discussion. It's like the sad old git in the corner of the bar who keeps telling the same story over and over again because he's got nothing else to talk about.
Agree with you 100% They are the cheapest helicopter to operate or hire and hence you get a lot of inexperienced guys flying them hence the higher crash rate. Its a tough little bird!!!