PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derate vs ATM
Thread: Derate vs ATM
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 04:19
Lascaille

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by john_tullamarine
(h) So technically the shortest go distance would be achieved by TOGA until vr then chop thrust to give zero acceleration, rotate and climb to 35ft at vr. Then accelerate. Pointless information! I don't think this post makes much sense at all ?
I was just describing something that isn't necessarily obvious, i.e. that if the objective is to become airborne in the shortest possible distance you don't want to gain _any_ additional speed after vr, because that additional speed only serves to make you cover more distance on the ground post vr. So if for some reason you were tasked to achieve the minimum ground run, a theoretical optimal thrust scheduling would be max thrust until vr, then quickly pulled back to just enough to maintain VR through rotation.

Like I said it was pointless 'what if' stuff that would probably turn out differently in reality due to reaction times and thrust advance/decay timing.

I was just not immediately seeing how an AEO go-distance could sensibly be longer than a OEI go-distance, v1/vr being identical explains it according to the above.