PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why would you want to come to CX?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 03:29
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There has certainly been no lack of warning as to what to expect over the past several years.

So anyone coming here would know exactly what they are getting into. The golden handcuffs are not gold anymore. So I also have zero sympathy for jumping into the fray and then whining about it later.

This was not always the case and things have changed. For people older or entrenched in seniority I can understand their not wanting to dump this and possibly figure a way not to have this impact their life too much while they ride things out for a while then go do something else.

But in any case life is short and all you get is time. I’d submit if you let any aspect of this job detract from family life you are making a huge mistake which you will regret later. This is not a temporary thing; it’s beem going on for years.

So so spend your time wisely. If I were getting started this is the last place I’d consider — unless perhaps the plan is to gallivant around Asia having fun and sowing wild oats then bolt. But in the aviation game seniority is everything so there is a very high cost toward not being at the airline where you intend to make a career. I personally don’t see this as a career airline anymore.

That coild change but probably won’t.

Choose wisely folks.