PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 back in town.
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 19:50
springbok449

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If like Craggenmore and BigGeordie all you're interested in is the money side of things and you don't care about how hard you work to earn it and with no set of defined rules and you don't mind living in DXB then EK is the job for you...
But this doesn't suit all of us and in that case there are jobs out there and enough of them that you can choose which one suits you best...

Craggenmore, as a year 2 F/O I now clear just under £4500/month after a 15% pension contribution from both myself and my employer, I get private medical care, LOL and other benefits and thats excluding the subsitence allowances which are far more realistic than the EK allowances. All that is for a contracted 750hrs/year (even though in the last 12 months I have flown less than 600).
Of course that is less than I was earning as an EK skipper especially if you wish to take the live out allowance and profit share into account.

As I said before it all depends on what you wish for, I am less fatigued, spend more quality time at home with my kids and the wife is happy (happy dragon, happy castle). My kids are a lot healthier and getting more streetwise too.

The only thing I miss is some of my mates.

Last edited by springbok449; 13th May 2018 at 04:43.