PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-LBY Skippers C-441
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 10:53
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Personally Lead Balloon I wouldn't jump in and do that, I'm a little paranoid myself coming from a company where we'd routinely leave Aircraft alone in random places and pick up ones that have been left for a while so I got used to cross checking a few sources to make sure the last person actually did what the paper says and didn't just write it down assuming it was done or would get done and it saved my bacon a couple of times, but history is filled with people who have done just that. I think it is low on the list of possibilities I can think of, but still a possibility, just like Aliens beaming out their fuel is also a possibility, probably a bit less likely that one though :P As I said, could end up being a simple matter of someone writing down the wrong thing on a fuel calc or not checking their maths thoroughly enough.

IMHO I think this will be a good example of the swiss cheese model by the time the final report comes out with a few factors to it that came together for this particular event, it just doesn't seem likely a couple of trained pilots both jumped in to a seemingly perfectly functioning aircraft and managed to run out of fuel departing from somewhere that had fuel available with their Low Fuel Lights apparently staring them in the face but nor does it seem like any one particular mechanical failure would lead to it either.