PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic Hiring '40' B747 Pilots
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 16:34
abra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are no per diem payments according to the blokes down the pub.The requirement is mainly for the Hadj which starts on 24th Dec this year(just in case you are a family man),but they do have an ever increasing cargo operation based in KL Malaysia which until the next bomb,is long term.The blokes also say that another agency to use is Air Crew Executive,ACE,and that there are small differences between ACE and Direct.(which I couldn't understand when they were explained to me...but that might have been due to the beer!)Atlanta are also trying to get one 747 onto the British register so that it can fly to Japan(amazingly ,the Icelandics and Japanese do not have some sort of trade/cargo agreement to allow this, even though they share common values like getting legless and killing whales).The chances of getting taken on more permenantly after the three month Hadj depends on..according to my mates..how well you walk the walk on the plane as opposed to how well you talk the talk in your made up log book...so if you turn up and say you are a multi thousand hour captain..just make sure you get into the correct seat when you come to do the sim!The blokes were pretty rude about the whole thing,but as they were ex AFX perhaps scepticism has crept in.It all got a bit hazy after that and the conversation moved on to the size of Liv Tyler's feet and if that had any significance to any other part of her anatomy!