PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 back in town.
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 08:26
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Pudding
Are you not a Captain at EK with 10-15 years in the company? Not really a fair comparison. You also missed the word advance of the housing allowance. If you left the next day you have to pay it all back. Nonetheless, a good whattsapp picture to send to your mates back in the UK twice a year to remind them how lucky we are to be in Dubai earning all these obscene amounts of cash!

I didn't specify Jet2, I said any half decent jet operator in the UK And I didn't specify year 1. Anybody coming to EK will have at least a few years experience behind them. A mate at EZY starting his second year as FO clears 4K. Someone in TUI UK with reasonable seniority clears 4.5 - 5k on average, without working any days off.

So my point remains valid. The only difference between a UK Jet FO salary with a half decent operator, and some reasonable seniority, and an EK FO is the accommodation allowance (and hopefully some profit share).

No dog in this fight but since profit share was discussed - from May ‘08 to May ‘18 EK pilots have EARNED 51 weeks of profit share.

I don’t expect much over target next year 4.5bn - if at all.