PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 05:34
Tuner 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fearcampaign
Tuner 2 the problem with your maths is that the majority of the patterns ex BNE are only 8 day trips so only worth 44 hours with MDC.
Only a 24 hour slip required Southbound in LAX. The odd 48 hour slip is not common.Only SYD patterns require 48 hours.
Sadly Thats as good as is gets for the 787. Accept the point that in the early days longer slips will lessen the impact.
Like to see a MEL/LAX or a PER/LHR comparison.

Aussie FOs comments are not only foolish but show the race to the bottom mindset that has led to the situation we find ourselves in with Jetconnect or any other entity. Please stay well away from any negotiations please!
Perhaps the Network A320 or Jetconnect pilot that is already endorsed and backed by a legal comfort letter can do his/her job for 30-50% less. Maybe he/she thinks your overpaid and on an expensive contract? No cost for QF to transfer away your flying and have you on MGH. If QF Short Haul switch to A320s why couldn’t Network already endorsed take your flying? Or Jetconnect with a fresh comfort letter.
Perhaps you could race him/her to the bottom too? I wouldn’t be so smug.
I don’t agree with this, but it’s no different to your comments on other awards that you make Ill considered generalisations about.

Keg. Very sound points regarding Sick leave without overtime though. One up side.
Fatigue, family issues or a 50/50 if on the cusp of getting sick as you say and it’s no penalty. As you wisely pointed out no advantage to keep the show on the road. Allows the legal intent of the CAO/CARs to not cause a $ penalty

Had a look at the BNE pattern book and there is a mix of 8 and 9 days JFK trips. Some even have 72 hours in LAX in one direction to make a 9 day trip.

With an 8 day trip 48/48/24, the numbers are:
787 yr 4 capt: 353.03 x 44 = $15,533
747 yr 12 capt: 310.55 x (44+6:23) = $15,647
Less than a 1% difference.

Obviously PER/LHR/PER with O/T will be different, however the 747 can't fly this route and this is the most extreme route for doing any 787 vs 747 comparisons. I doubt that it would even be profitable for the 747 to fly PER/LHR, even if it had the range. Looking at the 787 patterns, there are also plenty of domestic patterns like PER/MEL/PER and MEL/BNE flying, all of which pays more than any other type on those patterns and which retain full night credits for any 2 pilot ops.

At the end of the day, even the "worst case scenario" of a full roster of 4 pilot PER/LHR/PER trips equates to 4.5 x 6 day trips per 56 day BP at planning divisor of 155 or 27.2 days per 56 day BP - remembering that sign-on day 1 isn't until about 6pm local.

I think we need to see what the route network looks like with the 14 jets. All we have so far is the 787 EBA haters latching on to the "lost" overtime on the PER?LHR route, which we wouldn't otherwise even be flying.

Last edited by Tuner 2; 12th May 2018 at 05:46.