PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-LBY Skippers C-441
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 05:34
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Bend Alot, all well and good, how do you know it was an open Entry and that a LAME didn't go out with the fuel to sign it off? How do you know there was no Flight Permit thusly issued to get it off the highway and back to Broome? It didn't land and take off within a 15minute window, you think someone couldn't have gotten hold of CASA especially with the dang thing sitting on a Highway? You don't think CASA themselves would have been pretty quick to call up themselves? I've had to call a Pan Pan before and CASA had already called up my Chief Pilot to let him know about it before my wheels touched the ground again about 20mins after making the call.

Pretty sure with an Aircraft sitting on a Highway that CASA would have been very keen to make sure there was an appropriate response and a LAME and others getting out there ASAP to figure out what state it was in, whether everyone was safe and then what would be required to get it off said Highway right smart, LAME gets out there, determines whatever the issue was, signs it off and being fine for the short flight back to Broome, CASA are called and give the ok and away it goes. Nowhere in the report does it state it was flown with an open MR entry nor whether it was checked before that or not, you're assuming from that fact that they didn't specify that a LAME went out at that time to refuel it that therefore none did.