PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETGO Airlines to launch Brisbane-Karratha-Singapore services
Old 12th May 2018, 01:12
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
Australia really does have a negative vibe. Reading some comments it’s almost like people want them to fail.

its a tough market for sure, throwing constant negativity... How long have they been going now when so many said no chance?

I would hate to be up against the Fokkers at Alliance (attempted joke) with so many airframes etc.

It would certainly be great for the West to have more links. On that Silk Air have started Singapore - Broome.
I guess history has a play on the vibe.

Successful flying companies in Australia are rare, successful RPT airlines in Australia even rarer.

World wide it is tough doing well with an airline, Australia with higher costs and CAsA even tougher.

Many charter companies and airlines have gone bust in Australia, and when that happens they owe lots of money to many creditors including staff.

I have no idea of Jetgo's financial position and if they are trading insolvent or not but chances are there is a lot of money owed to staff (as in holiday pay/wages), maintenance facilities, parts suppliers, fuel suppliers, airports and other required creditors. If Jetgo do shut shop and repeat history the money owed to many small operators can be enough to break them. Have a thought for say a pilot that took on a job after paying for a type rating as in a previous post.

So while I hope they do well and prosper. I also wish that if they can not, that they don't bring everyone they can gain credit from down with them.

The visual indicators are not that of roses.