PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL Tower — Go Slow?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 00:44
Chronic Snoozer

Received 333 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by le Pingouin
Yes you do hire LCD pilots - everyone of you has good days and bad days, ever airline has some pilots who are better than others. You certainly don't plan for everyone to be near perfect all the time. Why do you think aviation is so regulated?
Maybe its time to stop catering for the LCD all the time. Why doesn't the industry bring the standard up instead of continually ratcheting it down. Regulation doesn't solve LCD issues, it just drags everyone down with it.

Incidentally, I was SLF on a flight Cairns to Brisbane the other day and we were held for 25 mins on the ground prior to departure due to whatever issue ATC had at Brisbane. I know it wasn't weather or a runway disaster. Same happened Perth - Brisbane recently. I simply cannot fathom that Australia has such a volume of traffic that aircraft are held on the ground prior to departure to ensure a slot on the other side of the country. Talk about a broken system. Wait till the volumes really ramps up....oh yeah that won't be until 2100.