PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 11th May 2018, 22:13
evansb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll say it again,.. Do you want the school bus driver video monitor removed?

Would a simple video camera aid in the investigation of the recent tragic Canadian truck/bus collision? Certainly. As the crash site is in a somewhat remote location, a vehicle mounted camera is better than a government funded and maintained land-based camera. Make the commercial vehicle camera requirement a tax deduction.

I don't want government surveillance of my backyard BBQ. Who does?

Note that traumatic crash evidence doesn't have to made public, if only to a jury/public court. Jurisprudence applies. Some court evidence is never made open to the media. State sponsored executions don't have to made public.

I will vehemently ( ve·he·ment·ly
ˈvēəməntlē/
adverb
  1. in a forceful, passionate, or intense manner; with great feeling.)
state that I don't want government surveillance of my backyard patio nor my front drive way. I will provide my own security devices, thank you. If I picnic in a public park? Go ahead, video away. Just notify me in advance that my actions are being monitored. Otherwise, I just don't care. I do care that Google (or other agencies, such as Big Government) already tracks (and monitors conversations and text messages on a coded basis) my mobile phone locale even when the phone is turned off! My private phone is NOT the same as vehicle license plates for private automobiles operated on public spaces.. I do NOT want locale history, nor do I knowingly pay for this type of surveillance. Who does? But when a cop pulls me over? Sure, I would like video and audio history.

Is it just me?

Will most airlines video and audio monitor the cabin in the future? You are probably right..

Curiously in post-totalitarianism Russia, nearly every car has a dash cam, although it is not required by the State.. Nearly all dash cams being purchased privately.

Last edited by evansb; 11th May 2018 at 23:42.