PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK "5 Weeks ANNUAL Bonus Award" to become permanent part of the package?
Old 11th May 2018, 14:00
chmila

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PROFIT SHARE and ANNUAL BONUS

Originally Posted by aeropix
Chock this up as "wishful thinking interpretation" but the way they worded the pay review it seems like the 5 weeks bonus will be permanent for pilots. I apply the following logic to this conclusion:

Under the following changes will apply to your package" line item 5. is an "Annual Bonus Award of 5 Weeks" to be paid "Annually" in the May Pay Packet. As a native english speaker (ELP6!) I understand an "Annual" "Bonus" should be paid "Every Year" beginning this year, right?

Also as this falls under the heading of "Changes Applied to the Pay Package", and it is NOT listed as "Profit Sharing" but instead as an "Annual Bonus Award", it seems to be a permanent new addition to the pay package... perhaps this was actually a big raise?

Yes I know "haha" but that IS the way it is written down, and I am sure they will make good on their written word every year from now on.

Something to ponder, that I thought deserved its own thread for discussion.
Guys,
my understanding is different!!!

In HH letter is written ….. "profit share of five weeks" …….. PROFIT SHARE
In fleet letter is written …."annual bonus award 5 weeks" ….. ANNUAL BONUS as change to our remuneration package

So two things ….. PROFIT SHARE and ANNUAL BONUS ….
So we should expect 10 weeks in May salary.

I like it ….