PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2018, 13:53
kibz2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 254HEAVY
Life lessons........"we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"!

And instead of laughing at my compliments from kibz2005 you should ask him to share how he got in if he really wants to help you guys!
Excellent quote, although I think you may have misinterpreted the meaning. How do you define excellence? Because for me, it is certainly not being 100% perfect, ready for anything at all times and never making mistakes. It's learning from error, willing to accept that you do not know it all and above all, a willingness to be taught by anyone.

I was not laughing at you, I was trying to get you to look at yourself and what message you are conveying to potentially inexperienced brothers and sisters in this industry. The work is hard, the learning curve is steep, the hours are long, you will make many mistakes in your career, and God-willing it will be many years of joy enjoying your passion. But above all, never ever will you be expected to know 100% everything there is to know about the career, nor will you be prepared for everything you see. Every day you will learn something new on the job.

Lastly, I never actually said I work for the carrier. I tried and it was hard. I learned more from my failures than my successes.