PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Service / Venting My Spleen
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 15:30
BEagle

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Not in the same league as your problem, but I'm also getting a bit fed up with LH customer care in general.

Yesterday I was booked from HAM to LHR in C class and had a reserved window seat. At check-in it was "Ve haff had to change your seat - you now haff a middle seat". But she said that it could be checked at the departure gate. So I showed my reservation to the female at the gate and she tapped a few keys-"Ve do not haff this in our system".
"Well look, here's the booking reference from your website with the printout showing which seat I was allocated last week. Why is it not in your system?"
"Ve do not haff it in this system"
"Right - is this an aircraft or variant change? Is this route normally flown with this ac type?"
"Yes - this ac is usually on this route"
"Do you have a customer comment card"
"Nein - you must write to this address"

Is this normal? Why tell passengers that they've got a reserved seat on a confirmed booking if that isn't honoured at check-in?

And Lufthansa still haven't learned how to treat passengers properly when things go wrong...

Shall see what is forthcoming from LH Customer Service as I faxed everything to them last night. But then they still haven't resolved the delayed luggage problem they caused me nearly 2 months ago.....