PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2018, 11:10
Mr Mac

Received 152 Likes on 95 Posts
Prophead
There speaks the voice of someone living in the home counties who has not had the delightful BA announcement that having travelled over half the planet that BA have cancelled the MAN shuttle due to none specific operational reasons, and that you will now be put on a coach to MAN, which will due to traffic take a further 4 hrs, and then have a further possible 2hr drive home due to hitting rush hour. This happened to me numerous times, and do not mention when, or if your bags will arrive. To be honest anybody who lives in the SE who comments on how we need to have extra capacity for regional conductivity is missing the point as far as LH travel is concerned from the regions. That ship has largely sailed for me and many others who now travel ME3 or Europe Hub. Our national carrier is not what it was, and LHR is not a good experience to transit, which is compounded with the cancellations already mentioned. Also I am not here to financially prop up mediocre service from BA / LHR with my, or my companies money. As for travelling to London I always take the train its easier from Yorkshire. Also I understand to a degree where you are coming from, having kept a London residence and indeed worked out of there for 20 + years it is easy to believe you are indeed the centre of things as far as UK is concerned. However having now moved full time out of the SE, and working out of northern UK and Munich, the issues of regional connectivity in particular with regards LH flights are very clear and I am a committed none user of both BA and LHR unless client is adamant. As for Brexit I personally made my choice and will have to live with consequences good or bad, but I do not believe an extra runway will help UK PLC one way or the other apart from throwing more money into London infrastructure projects (new road tunnel announced today for a further Billion I see) where the north can not even get new train carriges.

Regards
Mr Mac