PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2018, 09:17
Seagull201

I's say a good percentage of QLink pilots (whether Captain or F/O), will leave and join Emirates, if there's no prospect for an advancement onto a jet within 5 years.
I'm aware person's have to weigh up the option of family life or the opportunity to fly a 777, i think most people will opt for the 777, and it's already happening.
People cannot sit at the back of an aircraft a play Second Officer for 9 years,serving coffee, but most do, at the end of the day, a real pilot wants to join the big league and
become a Captain on the 777 or A380 in lightning time, with a company that offers real opportunity.

The problem with QF mainline, they're paying 90 to 100K, for someone to be a Second Officer, should be only 60K.
If someone wants to be paid 90k, then QF should have a system, the person is a F/O on the Dash 8 for a month and the next month they can make coffee as a Second Officer.
Second Officer's role, inflight relief, how about the F/O getting out of his seat and letting the S/O do a real hands on take off or landing?
It won't happen.

They're my thoughts.