PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2018, 03:47
squidbolz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Originally Posted by RedEyeGuy
1--> That's true. All graduates are not really guaranteed a job as an SO after graduating however, PALAS does not open a class if they do not foresee a need for
pilots a few years later either. Trend is that all graduates tend to get absorbed in the line whether there's a need or not. Just don't screw up big time on your
training.

2--> Normally, they're not that big a deal for disqualification for both PALAS and the line. You have to do a treadmill Stress Test and if they see a tendency for you to catch
your breath or peak your heart rate too soon, you get a failed mark.But then, they also give you time (like 1 month) to recover and take the test again.

3--> Yes there is. For all CPL holders, (SOs and A320 FOs), undergo CAAP med once a year. All ATPL holders however (Capts, widebody FOs) go through that
every 6 months. On a personal note though, CAAP med is not to worry, since PAL medical standards are a lot more restrictive and stringent than CAAP's.
What we do is we submit our PAL ECG and xray results to CAAP MED every time we need to renew a Class I medical certificate. CAAP honors PAL MED's
results since they know themselves that We have more restrictive standards.

Cheers!
Thank you for generously answering my queries
hope to fly with you soon! Just praying that everything will push thru in my application..