PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change to Oceanic time tolerance?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 21:10
RMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sticking with me on this......I just checked the NAT doc 007 which I assumed to be the controlling document. This is where we get our three minutes or more from ....

Natdoc007 6.3.4 “Clearance.​ ​ ​

Estimate for​ Oceanic​ Entry​ ​

After​ obtaining​ and reading​ back the​ clearance,​ the pilot​ should monitor​ the forward estimate​ ​

for​ oceanic entry,​ and if​ this changes​ by​ 3 minutes or​ more,​ should pass​ a revised estimate​ ​

to ATC.​ As planned longitudinal spacing​ by​ these OACs is based solely​ on the estimated​ ​

times​ over​ the oceanic​ entry​ fix​ or boundary,​ failure to adhere​ to​ this​ ETA amendment​ ​

procedure​ may​ jeopardise planned separation between aircraft, thus resulting in​ a ​

subsequent re-clearance to​ a​ less​ economical track/flight level for​ the​ ​ complete​ ​ crossing.​ ​
Any​ such failure may​ also penalise following​ aircraft.”

my company interpretation of this has been 2 mins 59 seconds maximum to avoid missing by three minutes or more.

I know this is your area of expertise (and the Jeps chart backs up your two minutes) but we have conflicting information here (and no pilot is aware of the 30 second tolerance.....which is a good thing because if you tell us there is a tolerance we will too often use it to the max).