PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 9th May 2018, 16:59
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us not forget that this was simply a missed approach followed by a normal landing

Would that also be the case if the GA was due to a microburst GA; or a misjudged/cowboy approach that need up at 500' & 30kts too fast and only half flap; or an attempt to land at the wrong airfield...or...?

Are you saying that all GA's are just normal manoeuvres and the reason has no significance?

About this specific approach I have always been curious what they were using for vertical guidance. PF had gone manual flight some miles out. One would normally do this, especially at night, when one was good confident visual with the landing runway. From photos the only PAPI's were those associated with 28R. One is used to the PAPI's being closely adjacent to the runway and touchdown lights. The PAPI's for the correct 28R were displaced a significant distance from the centreline. If they were following those PAPI's the picture should have looked very iffy from a long way out. Only the crew will know.