PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Medical in Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 14:54
Sandy Reith

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Your medical consultation

Originally Posted by CHAIRMAN
My 2 months runs out in 4 days - thanks for the reminder.
I'll chase them up tomorrow. I'm sure it's purely an oversight on their part
CHAIRMAN, glad to help. I think CASA’s fees a fair comparison so I should adopt something similar. Probably about $185/hr these days, say minimum three hours consultation plus GST and data expenses would be ok. Let’s round it out to $600 which is only the cost of a couple of ASICS when its all said and done. Pretty reasonable wouldn’t you say?
When you consider the senior instructor near me who applied for a flying school AOC and had cough up $8000 up front just to lodge the application. Two years ago and still no joy, only wanted to restart a school that’s been going for at least 40 years in a regional centre.
A little off topic but everyone should be under no illusions of how dire is the state of GA. The new rules for flying schools have to be completed by August and numbers of the remaining few will fold because they are being required to employ extra staff for admin procedures mandated by the idiots in CASA.
Meanwhile Minister McCormack won’t be ‘rushed’ into agreeing with the most commonsense, simple and necessary amendment to the Act which would require CASA to consider viability in conjunction with safety. A first step towards halting the steepening decline of GA.