PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much extra fuel can be uplifted?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 11:50
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goldenrivett
Far too many variations have got in the original question and we are going around in circles. IFR flight/VFR flight, Alternate required/not required/not available, remote destination all these situations have different fuel requirements, we can't discuss all in one breath. I was referring to Bergerie1. His RTOW calculation at Nairobi was incorrect. Period! Refusing some payload or passengers is always a bad idea but you have to do it many times otherwise Regulated Takeoff Weight will become a joke. You have no option unless you manipulate the BO. I do not want to repeat what I have already stated. I don't know how any one can justify doing unplanned low flying with passengers and a VIP/Semi VIP on board and claim a pat on the back.You can check weather and traffic but ask Sully he will tell you cannot check for birds. Then you burn fuel and along with it your diversion and claim privileges of a committed landing. And despite my quoting Airbus manual page number B737900er states EASA doesn't have landing weight limit. May be AIRBUS doesn't form part of EASA.