PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First UK - France flight
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 08:19
timmydd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First UK - France flight

Hi,

I've used these forums countless times for questions, but can't really find anything current on UK - France trips...

I'm looking for a newbs guide to crossing the channel and the UK border into France.

So far I have found...
  • Flight Plan - This isn't optional, I was going to use Sky Demons flight plan filing service. 2 days prior to departure, I've read is the best time frame for this.
  • GAR - Again, not optional, I was going to use the OnlineGAR service.
  • Life Vests - I'm not going more than 50NM away from land, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • Waterproof bag - For electricals should the unthinkable happen.
  • French paper maps - Plot the route from Sky Demon on the map just incase of failure.
  • PLOG - I am going to use the Sky Demon generated PLOG, it's far more accurate than using a CRP-5.
  • Weight and Balance - Usually going around the UK, this isn't something which is written down, more of a mental check of my current weight and MTOW. I've been told France may have an inspector which will want to see this?
Is there any other checks I need? I want to create myself a checklist and for any other PPL looking to take a trip over seas that's more current than 2007

Thanks in advance,

Tim