PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 06:28
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdcg
Got flights with them in the coming weeks to Reykjavik and Orhid in the next few weeks, and looking at the online seating maps where you can purchase seats, these flights are looking pretty busy too! So in general I would guess Wizz are going from strength to strength from Luton.
Ohrid is a lovely destination by the way. But Ohrid airport does not use digital boarding passes and, even if you have a paper boarding pass, you still have to go to the check in desk to have it verified and swapped for a typical airline boarding pass. No idea why. Only one security lane too so don't go last minute. But the locals are all really friendly and helpful[/QUOTE]

Seconded, and amongst the last genuinely cheap destinations left in Europe. Two courses and wine for two people for a tenner!

When I travelled in 2016 my outbound and the outbound that came to collect me were pretty empty whereas the return flight was full, mostly Albanians coming over the border. It will be interesting to hear if loads are better balanced now, whether more Brits are discovering Ohrid and whether the route has been impacted at all from Wizz starting Tirana.