PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Share Group/Syndicate WANTED + Questions
Old 8th May 2018, 22:15
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I know of shares going in two syndicates in that general vicinity.

There's a PA28-151 group at Cranfield that's expanding: £1200 share, £40/month, £100/hr tacho (so probably nearer £85/logged)

There's an AA5 Traveller group at Cranfield that's currently underflown, £2k share, £80/hr tacho (so probably around £70/logged) and £52/month.

I'm not in either group, but have instructed for both and use the PA28 occasionally through a reciprocal agreement with a syndicate that I am in - I can recommend both as good well run groups, neither of whom will have a problem with your occasionally taking the aeroplane away for a few days.

Turweston is by far the friendlier airfield, and operates for longer hours - but is also a pain in the backside to get to and has no instrument approaches or (I think) runway lighting.

If you want putting in touch with either, just let me know. My PM box is full, but email me and I'll get it.

G

Originally Posted by PelicanSquawk
Thats a great idea.. I will do that.

On a separate note, since there seem to be more people reading this post than the other I put up regarding it; I assume Permit aircraft hours can be used towards my minimum PIC hours needed for CPL course? I'm sure they can, just would be good to confirm.

PS
This is a difficult and contentious issue at the moment - whilst it's not quite happened yet, EASA appear hellbent on stopping anybody using hours in non-EASA aeroplanes to maintain or obtain EASA licences. I think that whilst I've done loads of permit flying and agree that there are some great aeroplanes - what you need is probably something with an EASA CofA.

Oh, by the way, I'd also recommend dropping in and looking at the notice board at White Waltham, and looking at www.afors.com

G