PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B3 Licence Studying - UK
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 20:27
easaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TankerTrash
I've tried registering on AirMech.co.uk to ask this but their captcha has expired so you can't register, or contact them to tell them of the problem!

It seems that you can't study from scratch for a B3 in the UK as no 147 approved organisations are listed as having the B3 approved. I wish to go down this route, studying alongside my normal career (I also own a sub-2000kg aircraft).

Could you just study the overlap modules and then catch up on 7B, 9B, 11C and 17B when they become available at a 147 approved organisation? I guess it will take a while for the training industry to catch up with the B3.
I have had B3 exam preparation from the beginning of the B3 licence on. The problem is that there are more or less no exam places for the B3 licence. I have asked the UK-CAA if they are providing B3 exams (still waiting for the reply!).
I can re-install B3 modules 7B, 9B, 11C and 17B tomorrow on www.EASA66.com !
Please let me know where you want to take the exams.
easaman

PS: In the past I have recommended to go for a B1.2 licence. This is more or less the same study work, but it allows you to sign for airplanes that are over 2500kg. Flying clubs doing their own maintenace were doing that a lot!