PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 11:51
Haldane90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GLAEDI
EK have shown to still be ahead of the game with regards flights to the U.K. compared to QR & EY. The EDI flight solves the capacity issues at GLA & NCL and the fact the profit comes from the belly rather than SLF. The plans for the A380 at Glasgow will no longer be on the table as we know it’s not good for freight.

Could this be the reason the rumours regarding QR looking at their EDI route, mentioned above? They must be a tad annoyed to think that they’ve seen off EY only to get EK coming in!! Also TK must be wondering also. I know that fans of tail fins will always celebrate new carriers but how big is the market as we’ve lost EY from the Central Belt. If I remember they planned two flights a day when the route was first announced.

from what i have heard Emirates at EDI has been long in the works, with Hainan and Emirates coming to EDI this was a major reason why Etihad pulled EDI as the route was underperforming already. EDI has been working with Emirates for quite some time and has invested in upgraded taxiways etc to accomodate them.