PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 22:22
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SecondDog

Believe me, I have no unrealistic picture. I have been passing through airports for many years now, maybe up to 30 times a year. It is fair to say I think UK airports in general do a bad job, part of that is an over-the-top approach to screening. Gatwick has improved a lot over the last few years. But I do not agree that it is correct to label Bfs a shambles. We were returning from holidays via Manchester about 4 years ago. The queue for security stretched right outside the terminal to near a car park. Mrs and myself went to check in bags with Ezy and sent our daughters to book a place at the end of that queue. I have an Easyjetplus card and the check-in lady suggested that I ask if all of us could get through the priority queue for security. They kindly agreed to this request and we had to telephone our daughters to come back in, they were so far outside we couldn't see them. I reckon it could have taken 2 hours to get through security that day and all lanes were open as far as I can remember.

But are the powers that be thinking about these issues? Because as airports get even busier, many will not have the space to create even bigger search areas.