PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 18:54
Jack D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by harry the cod
SS

Er....think you completely mis read my post there friend. I wasn't having a pop at you at all, in fact, far from it. Apologies if construed that way as I was actually in agreement with you!

My reference was to the comment made from the EVP Comercial Officer, T.A. How he can expect 170 cadets to fill an ever increasing void is beyond me. Even someone with the most basic of intelligence would see that they are going to be years away from a full and efficient line operation. He must be aware that 4500 pilots will know this so it merely feeds our suspicion that the Company is either lying and doesn't care or, is generally unaware of how dire the situation really is.

Either way, it just makes them look stupid.

Harry
The problem is the general public , the press and most employees who are not pilots or involved in flt ops don’t know this .

That is the target audience and they’ll swallow the story because that’s what they are led to believe, namely that a 170 cadets will be ready to join the line in a matter of weeks and all required pilot numbers will be magically restored .