PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 17:17
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-EIDW
Poorly worded on my part. My lanes comment was taken out of context and I was not referring to the airport not allowing enough lands to open but more general view had prehaps 4 been opened all along they would of not needed to eventually staff 6.

While the major problem lies with the contractor, the airport have a role to play as they were the ones who set the contract (Terms etc) and the ones who will get the brunt of the public's anger, airline pressue and reputation damage.
Aiport had planned for 6 for the planned high volume of pax. Had these been open there would still have been a busy search area, which is why it went so wrong so quickly when they couldn't open more than 2 for a period of time until the recalled staff arrived.

I fully understand that the airport will bear the brunt of the public ire but in a forum such as this I should be able to explain to people what actually happened, rather than have people rail on the airport mgmt, as if they were unprepared or something. That just wasn't the case.