PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZ go-around at Luton
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 14:05
Uplinker

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell
You just wonder if had the EZY checked in with the TWR stating their range to touchdown, the previous lander might have made a greater (safe) effort to vacate sooner, avoiding the need for the G/A. (They might have for all I know)

That would of course require a measure of AIRMANSHIP (aka. Good old fashioned common sense) on both aircraft crews parts although I suspect the Thought Police would prefer that I talked about Threat & Error management these days.

The "Swiss cheese characteristics" in a minor way aligned to conspire on this occasion. Speculation ( in the absence of the actual facts ) might include:
1. Blueair slower than normal to vacate (line training?)
2. ATC putting the EZY slightly too tight behind no.1 .....judgement of aircraft performance
3. EZY not fully appreciating the smaller than usual gap, and not slowing down sooner
4. Other factors, or a combination of some or all of the above.

If only two ac were involved, then a slightly disappointing event.
This wasn’t me, but our job is to make a safe landing. I won’t deliberately linger, but I am not going to subject passengers to heavy braking, with full thrust reverse and the anti-skid banging on and off and then risk sliding off the taxiway on the turn-off just to make an earlier exit because somebody else has misjudged the spacing behind me. If I am the aircraft behind, I will slow down as much as possible to open up the gap - (or go-around).

I forgot to mention in my previous post (#23) that during the FR GA last month, 2 PAX siting near my wife were urgently looking for sick bags. CC had previously said the 737 was only 3 weeks old. It had no back of seat pocket of any kind, not even at eye level, the safety card is glued to the seat back. The seat design with no back of seat pocket is apparently to speed turnaround;
Welcome to the results of low cost flying ! Will you fly with that airline again?

PAX have nowhere to leave their litter, and have to take their litter away with them.
Why is it deemed acceptable to leave litter anyway? What about the gash bags the crew bring through the cabin? Or you can hand litter to the crew with an apology and polite smile as you get off.