PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 10:31
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can remember many years ago going through Harbour and all the staff were employed by Harbour Airport. There was a definite interest in making sure the passenger experience was happy as a complaint to management was going to be actioned. I believe Aldergrove may well have been the same perhaps? As far as I know now Harbour use Mitie for security?

Then along came the bean counters, suddenly outsourcing was the way forward. They knew the cost of everything but the value of nothing. Contracts were pared to the bone and beyond, workers terms and conditions were eroded, old company pensions are now just the bare legal minimum that a company can get away with. Result? Simple, you now have a workforce that couldn't give a toss, its just a job. They have no loyalty whatsoever, and who can blame them, as they can simply get another minimum wage job elsewhere. You have local management that couldn't give a toss, if 10 of your minimum wage staff workers walk away just pop down to the local recruitment agency and get a few more. Meanwhile, the security company wants a huge profit on the contract, the recruitment agency wants a cut on supplying workers, the snag is the airport wants the same service and better than it had when it employed the workers directly. But, it wants to pay less than it did originally because the bean counters said outsourcing was the future!

Or am I just being cynical?