PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 17:44
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alteagod
Lets just back the buss up there lads. Airlines want everything for next to nothing including handling then move the goal posts during the contract period putting more pressure on GHA's the world over. Swissport is not a monopoly at at BFS or indeed BHD. CCS is a GHA they just dont have any contracts at BHD. Menzies for example walked away from BHD having got the heads up that NY pulling out and EI contract going to Swissport. The same in BFS. If the carrier is contracted to a GHA and it moves into BFS who is to say DNATA for example dont move in or Menzies comes back.
Can you explain to me how Swissport does not have the monopoly at BFS and BHD, especially in the passenger market?

Swissport took an aggressive stance on GH in BFS and BHD 4 years ago, they undercut to push other handlers out with the intention of increasing prices at renewals.

Any new handling agent will need millions of pounds in investment from equipment, office space, training... it could take years before a profit is turned, if the contract gets renewed... a risk that not many are willing to take.

Originally Posted by EI-EIDW
Passengers may be partly to blame but I fail to see what sort of planning they put in place which left them down and ended up with 2 hour queues. One person off sick couldn't of caused such a mess. How many lanes were operating on Saturday?

The CEO should of called BHD to send up some staff!!!
I believe up to 6 were finally opened..

Not sure if the CEO question is genuine or not?

G4S runs security at BHD, ICTS at BFS. So not an option, even if it was ICTS at BHD the process to get someone up in short notice and to get the relevant passes isn't easy / fast.. especially at the weekend.

Last edited by tigger2k8; 6th May 2018 at 17:56.