PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 17:05
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
I see they are trying to recruit another 50 for security. However, at the current level of unemployment we have, that will not be easy, especially a job on minimum everything. Staff turnover is a very expensive game. If they want to recruit and retain, I'm afraid they will be forced to improve the package, otherwise this will happen often especially now that the airport is very busy. When you are passing through it, as I do often, it is noticeably busier.
Totally agree. Staff attrition is a costly business and if it means people need to be treated better, that must happen otherwise bad things happen.

I do somewhat agree that it is playing with fire tigger2k8 (If I’m at the airport less than an hour before my flight I am running late) but I also do believe the airport has a duty, in these exceptional circumstances, to add some protection for those who do travel regularly for business and have paid an annual fee for services including fast track. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth to be told I should get up earlier to accomodate poor management because the airport can’t handle the start of the bucket and spade season.

All these customer cannot have been a surprise...management need to front up and find a way to deal with it even if it means flying in people from elsewhere temporariliy.