PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PERTH: It's All Going To Happen...
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 11:34
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Grrr

Originally Posted by BuzzBox
I guess that depends on your definition of 'medium term'. I understand PAC is desperate to get moving on the new pier at the eastern end of T1, to be followed by the development of a new terminal for QF next to T1. Their 'plan' is to have that completed by 2025. I suspect that PAC believes their business case for making that happen will be undermined if they allow QF to keep pushing their international services across to T3/T4. That would then slow down PAC's plans to consolidate all the terminals within the Central Precinct.
So Qantas needs to put up with sub optimal outcome for at least the next six years. Yep. I’d call that solidly medium term and getting close to ‘long term’.

Qantas would be insane to NOT make the move to the expanded T1combined precinct if it provided them with better facilities than what they currently have access to at T3/ T4. The reality is that those facilities do not currently exist at T1 and it’s ludicrous for PAC to expect QF to accept a sub standard outcome for the next 6 years. Things like taking an hour to get the aeroplane between the terminals (in addition to the normal transit issues) is enough to kill a business case.