PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical and accusation of Alcoholism
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 08:49
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As foreigners, T&Cs are virtually useless. Host country rarely want us with the unachievable aim to nationalise because the latter is a politically worthwhile and a point earning endeavour for the national jobworths hanging on to their jobs.In these cases, the Medical Dept is often used as a tool to rid of the unwanted. Many of my colleagues have failed a company medical although possessing class one medicals. One of my mates was declared a Type 2 Diabetic, grounded, placed on these very nasty statins that the Medics love, but if prescribed to someone who is not diabetic, could, probably kill. He ditched the medicine and is still with us a decade after.

Your case is desperate and stressful. If you have the necessary, pursue. Boy, do they close ranks and make it nigh impossible though .Even your own Country's Regulatory Authority will follow a frustrating path. Even if they restore your Class one, the third world mob does not have to recognise it in order to re-instate you locally. Would you even want to ?

Foreign contract are often all that we have. But, you go there knowing the deal Their terms only & have a very quick exit strategy if you can. I think you are best out of it. Some battles are worth the fight. Others, definitely not.