PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 08:06
dustyflightdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seaman Staynes
Ek is still living off its previous reputation in regards to the job in lots of applicants eyes - even though they've been warned people still come expecting lots and get disappointed very quickly.
Emirates used to be a place people aimed to get to and stay until retirement, now its a place people use as a stepping stone before moving on!
This right here, people. Listen to this man as his post is very accurate. I spent over a decade building the hours required to join EK (before they cut the requirements) because of what it once was, only to find after I joined that it is long gone and will never return. There is a reason we are parking 20 a/c at DWC this month! There is a reason they have to "open the pipeline as wide as possible" for recruitment! And yet despite all this they still refuse to change anything to keep people here!! They are going to make ~6bn profit this year and they say they have "limited funds" for pay rise!! Simply put, they don't care any more!!!! They could have changed years ago if they wanted to, but they didn't and they won't. I wish I understood this 3 years ago before I went through the recruitment process and locked myself into a 5 year bond only to find that Dubai cost of living is sky rocketing and pay is going down! I came because of the "old" EK reputation, because of the once big pay check and because of the career development that came with it. All gone! Everyone wants to get out of here, even the turbo prop joiners! Some have already left and gone back to the turbo props! What does that tell you!!