PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Notam
Thread: Fuel Notam
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2018, 23:24
Lead Balloon

Received 424 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
There has never or rarely before been NOTAMs about fuel availability. Why is the lack of same now the cause of the destruction of GA? Get a grip.
Again, the attitude of someone who evidently doesn’t have to rely on the thinning AVGAS infrastructure at unmanned ghost towns.

Many aerodromes that used to have fuel no longer do so. Many aerodromes that used to have human beings at the end of the phone to provide information about fuel availability no longer do so.

There are an increasing number of places at which you are going to be stranded if fuel is not available, but you cannot positively confirm availability before departure. I gave the example of YLEC. If you arrive there close to reserves and the bowser isn’t working, you’re stranded.

I realise that it would be a terrible burden for Airservices to publish a NOTAM about the non-availability of fuel at YLEC after being informed of that fact by the supplier or the PIC of an itinerant aircraft. I realise that Airservices doesn’t care about the potential inconvience and distress that could be avoided by publishing that NOTAM, because Airservices doesn’t need to care.