PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2018, 13:32
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually yes. For those who have been here awhile, the three most popular schools outrank UK in academic achievements. Kent too early to tell but the signs so far are positive.

The UK ranks #20 on the OECD education ranking, the US is number 28

Last year the school my kids attend averaged 35 on IB ranking. 92% scored higher than the UK average.

The UK averaged 30 in IB.

With A levels DC scored way above the UK average and DESC on grades other than A also scored above the average.

As you know these results dictate the Uni’s that are offered to these kids and as such launch them into the next stage.

I don’t live in Meydan but I know lots of families who have the attitundal balance to raise great kids in ANY environment, including Meydan etc

Most of this is up to the parents.

You can make most kids lives great or fill it with negativity. One of the reasons many stay is our kids love the school, their friends, their sports clubs, the diversity of their circle, the incredible opportunities to travel etc., the safety of the city.

I am with you on the Co. 100% ... but to suggest that a good family cannot be raised here is wrong. Lol my best bud grew up in Brazzaville - top man, great family.

Last edited by fliion; 5th May 2018 at 13:47.