PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, April 23, 2018!
Old 5th May 2018, 08:46
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IBobi
That all looks as-designed to me. The proper style for a laptop would be PPRuNe NG.
But what changed last night?

The site view I had until around 20:00 GMT was the one I've managed to get to look half decent, with the VBulletin logo at the top left, no garish yellow bars, no scrolling problems, and overall is was reasonably OK. Now that style has gone, and even on this Windows machine, with Firefox as the browser, I have the default view as being the mobile one (which looks daft on a 24" screen) and the only option I have in the user CP is to switch to the "PPRuNe NG" style, which used to fix all the visual problems, but now is back with the bright yellow bars and the very garish colour scheme, that's a bit hard on the eyes, if I'm honest.

Is it possible to just restore the style to the way it was before the change last night, please, at least as an option?

The only options I seem to have now are the mobile version, or the garish version with the yellow bars that was the default for a non-mobile device immediately after the update, whereas until last night there was an option (which I'd selected) for a more muted colour scheme, that as well as being easier on the eye was also a fair bit faster. The only non-mobile version that's now available is the original one from immediately after the update, with the garish bars, jerky scrolling, etc, something we'd been able to opt out of (thanks to your help and advice) by going to the User CP and changing the default style. It looks like the style that's now called PPRuNe NG is really the same as the default style that was introduced with the update, and there are no other choices of style available.