PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minister calls for ga consensus on change to act
Old 4th May 2018, 22:59
Sandy Reith

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Steve Hitchen in Australian Flying calls for concensus in his editorial.

With respect Hitch, I’m sure you’ll agree a little sparring does no harm. My reply as follows:-

There’s no logic in calling for a concensus on something which is undefined.

There’s no logic in the Minister inferring that he can’t act in the National interest unless he has a concensus from disparate bodies represented by various individuals.

There’s no logic in putting blame on the General Aviation industry for the shocking loss of GA businesses and jobs, services, asset devaluation and loss of Commonwealth airport utility when clearly its the result of extremely poor policy, government legislated, criminal code unworkable law of strict liability. Thousands of pages of micro management and the new training rules, transition August, which will close even more of the last few GA flying schools. A National disaster is occurring right now and Minister MCCormack is sitting on his hands. The invisible government appointed Board of CASA also.

I defy anyone to point to any country where all the various privately organised GA and airline associations act in concert, in one voice, and give singular advice to the government of that country. Of course not, its totaling illogical.

We elect and pay our Parliamentary representatives to govern for the gtreater good, not to sit back hands off the wheel (the independent regulator) and using every excuse not to act.

The ancient Greeks believed that courage was the highest virtue, too bad its not showing where its seriously needed.