PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical and accusation of Alcoholism
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 21:19
AngrywithTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Medical and accusation of Alcoholism

I have been accused of this by a third world Dr. who is hell bent to have his country national crews only.
As my country and that country are both signatories of ICAO, there is a guideline for alcoholics or accused within the ICAO system.
Nameley if found intoxicated on duty, license revoked and treatment begins with attempt to get license back secondly if reported alcoholic then license may or may not be revoked while in treatment.
Lastly when accused, candidate still maintains flying status until it is proven that they are or are not an alcoholic. Ie liver function, assessments and possible ETG testing to make sure not involved in excessive use.

The Dr. has not followed this, as I was accused and passed all tests clearing me as “not problematic”. They insist until I have completed so many re-education and meetings as well as random ETG testing I will not get license back.

2 years gone by and each item completed the Dr. at transport just adds more, it is an obvious abuse of Authority and obstructionist behavior, to fight in court will be after tribunal however I doubt they will take my side against a government official.
However one thing we as pilot or go getters is we never look at human rights, I decided to go after that as they clearly did not follow policy or procedure, and have denied me my livelihood for 2 years now.

I know at almost 50 career is most certainly finished, so my only hope is Human rights will eventually investigate and I will be awarded enough money comparable to what I have lost and the future earning I will miss.