PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, April 23, 2018!
Old 4th May 2018, 20:27
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, something really weird has just happened. I've just logged on again from a Linux machine, and now the forum looks the same on screen no matter what style I set. This is a laptop, running Linux and Firefox, and had been fine until now. Now it's defaulted to the Mobile skin, for reasons unknown. I tried to change to the style I'd previously set, Next Gen Classic, yet there was no change - it's still in the Mobile style, although it's telling me now that it's not, the screen has reverted to the colour scheme of the mobile style, with all the usual hassles that gives on a conventional wide screen..........

Edited to add:

I've tried two different browsers, both are giving the same result - defaulting to the mobile style and if I try to change styles the only three choices show as:

Standard Styles:
PPRuNe Mobile

Mobile Styles:
PPRuNe Mobile

ClassicNextGen Styles:
PPRuNe NG

The "classic" style without the garish yellow has disappeared as an option, the default is the mobile style, which looks as is somehow something has changed in the past hour that has caused the forum to mistake Linux as if it's a mobile operating system (the same problem I continue to have with a large screen tablet).

As background, this is an Intel i7 mobile, running Linux Mint 18.3 and the problem is the same with either Firefox or PaleMoon browsers.

Next move will be to see if the forum actually works properly on Windows, but that can wait, I've wasted an hour trying to get things back to the way they were, so will have to look at this gain in the morning. I may try logging out, deleting all PPRuNe cookies and, trying yet again to get things back to a semblance of normality.

Edited again to add:

Logging out, manually clearing all the PPRuNe cookies, closing Firefox, restarting it, going to PPRuNe and logging in again results in the view defaulting to the mobile style. If I change the style, the only option available is PPRuNe NG, and that has the very garish yellow bands, text issues etc, that were previously fixed by switching the default style. Somehow that option has now gone...............

Last edited by VP959; 4th May 2018 at 21:18. Reason: added more info, and edited yet again