PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK storing Aircraft at DWC
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 19:57
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RK Blue sky
If I get hired at Delta it won’t be good for me, it will be f#$&ing fantastic! If you stay at Emirates it will be bad for you in terms of health, stress and lifestyle.
Let’s put the gun debate in proper prospective. Since 1980 there have been about 450 people die on school campus’ from firearms and that includes suicides and accidental discharges. Although that number is too high that averages about one a month and we as Emirates pilots are far more likely to be harmed on SZR than being effected by a gun.
The contunied references to Legacy Airlines I believe is for us to strive to meet their conditions and hopefully improve our lot. It’s not happening but we can only wish and hope for a better life here or get the He11 out which a lot of pilots that aren’t stuck at Emirates are attempting to do.
Most of the Legacy Airlines have loads of applications from pilots and Emirates is parking airplanes. That in a nutshell tells everyone what kind of operations are being run by the various airlines. There is a pilot shortage but it is only at the airlines at the lower end of the pay spectrum. It’s good for some people though.
Delta is a great job but only about 7% of the EK pilot group are eligible to apply. So it’s a fringe debate. One would need to compare to an airline where over 50% could apply to make it relevant.