PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK storing Aircraft at DWC
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 11:39
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by clear to land
I don't really understand why there are continued references to the US American Legacy carriers-only US Citizens/Green Card holders are eligible to even apply let alone get accepted! That effectively excludes the majority of EK pilots. If you are eligible and haven't already gone either: it works for you here or you got knocked back.
clear to land,

It’s not clear what you mean by “knocked back” but if you mean interviewed and rejected, that might be so in some cases but there’s another equally, if not more likely, explanation: can’t get an interview with a US career-destination carrier in the first place.

Just for the record, the US has legion upon legion of highly qualified candidates who can’t get a chance to be rejected because they can’t get an interview in the first place. This group contains eligible people flying in the ME, I can assure you.

These people have great quals, clean records, have applied repeatedly, spent great time/effort/money and even flown half way around the world to attend phony-baloney “career fairs” in hopes of just getting themselves a chance to be “knocked back”…and suddenly, nothing happened.

It’s Jungle Rules. Makes me feel fortunate to be old and unwanted.

Last edited by bafanguy; 4th May 2018 at 11:53.