PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outflow valve 747-8
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 08:14
torghabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Intruder
What did the CMC say about the AC motor? Did it fail to operate, or fail to stop when commanded? Was it a transient fault?

You probably don't have the answer to these questions. That's pretty much by design, to help prevent pilots from second-guessing the EICAS and QRH, and delaying action while searching for info in the CMC. Why were you reading the CMC before the QRH checklist was completed? If you were a 3rd pilot on board, isn't your duty to assist with the checklists?

If the AC motor failed, the DC motor may have taken over trying to drive the valve toward CLOSE, while you were troubleshooting and [not] doing the checklist.
Hi Intruder! At CMC page- only AC MOTOR FAIL, nothing more, I was not PF\PM on this flight, of course, assistance for crew with QRH is not my responsibility, but this is our third problem with outflow valve at same plane. And last- an inquiring mind does not sleep.
What does it mean "DC motor may have taken over trying to drive the valve toward CLOSE"? Before Manual select sw push? I would like to read about it. In any way Thanks!