PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK storing Aircraft at DWC
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 04:44
Sorry Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me apologize in advance for contributing to the thread drift...
Originally Posted by clear to land
Personally I completely understand the dramatic rise in Home Schooling in the US-if I could live there I doubt I would send my kids to a public school as it would be too stressful. Remember you get one life-its up to the individual to determine which balance works for themselves.
I think you are misunderstanding the situation. If you have some control over where you reside and which school system you can pick, then there are some wonderful school systems in the U.S. where your child can get a world class experience for the cost of paying your taxes plus a few nominal fees. If you were referring to the stress of your child's school being in international news for gun violence.... well the odds of taking an EK flight that CFITs in is probably greater.

The public high school I went had golf, gymnastics, swimming, baseball, both kinds of football, lacrosse, debate, theatre, and a bunch of other stuff I forget. 300 students in my class and around 270 of them went to some kind of university. I'm not trying to brag. The academics at many western European schools is sure to be top notch. Just be aware that in the U.S., like many other places, the quality of public schools can vary quite A LOT.