PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSB flight recorder recommendations
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 03:46
JV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evansb
Okay, to get back on track, this thread is about the mandatory installation of light weight basic FDRs (flight data recorders) on a Cessna Caravan or a Navajo to aid/quicken crash investigations. Please correct me if it is intended for light turbine types only. The proposition is NOT to aid safety, but primarily to quicken crash investigation conclusions. Prove me wrong. An increase in "safety" i.e. a reduction of incidents and crashes, would be purely incidental to the mandatory installation of a light weight basic FDR, (Flight Data Recorder) to a certain level of commercial aircraft. An FDR on a Navajo? Really? A robust GoPro camera would probably work just fine.

As an aside, why does almost every Canadian thread denigrate to an anti-union, public servant bash-athon? (not a real word)

Comedian George Carlin once quipped that he will no longer vote in any election, because he realized that politicians (and public servants) are people just like himself, his friends and his relatives, i.e. lairs, thieves, hypocrites, proxy parents and adulterers. Nor do they dust, vacuum, clean the toilet bowl, nor will they willingly put away the dishes, yet they complain about the neighbors, and are cynical about today's youth. "Why would I elect that kind of person?" "Why will I not vote?...because they're exactly like myself !".
Very good.....never quite had the literary talent to lay down the realities of life in a way that would not garner scorn from the true believers. So thanks. You can bet that I would much rather prefer to live in a world of unicorns and mother teresa's. I have seen otherwise. Gotta call a spade a spade at some point.

Anyways, it would be nice to have top shelf fdr's in every flying machine just because.......It would also be nice to have only electric cars on the planet.

Who pays for this? I would love to afford an electric car, there is no way my income could even dare to consider it.