PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK storing Aircraft at DWC
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 00:04
mmmbop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
As for being stuck, yep, agreed, life is pretty crap to be honest. Weekend off so brunch tomorrow, then the boat Saturday with friends.

Harry
Harry I enjoy your commentary, which on the whole is generally balanced. I do read it, though, with the underlying realisation that you are stuck where you are and can't go anywhere. Fair enough, you make the most of it, so good on you.

When you state you're off to a Friday brunch then boating on Saturday, there is not one iota of envy in me, nor most who live in a western country I'd imagine. The Brunch/Boat Dubai lifestyle is one that is used to forget where one lives, as opposed to 'living a nice lifestyle.' The brunches are overpriced payments for poor quality food, among people obliterating every thought of where they are through excessive alcohol consumption, and the 'boating' in the Gulf waters, no matter how many times you manoeuvre up to the Burj for a photo, is not a pleasant and memory making day as it is around American/UK/Canada/Europe/Aust/NZ etc waters. It is another illusion built in a country of illusions, a country that is no longer just slowly cracking to show what's underneath. And it ain't pretty.

Last edited by mmmbop; 4th May 2018 at 00:17.