PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at LHR... A true story?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 00:48
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
own goal ?

Security is a very important issue and one that we should all take a day to day interest in as the security staff at an airport should be all of us who work in aviation , however these half witts and more importantly there bosses who invent the more stupid of these rules are bringing the whole security issue into disrepute.

It is a big worry to me that very stupidity of some of the rules that pass for security are making us regard this issue with distane and therefore let down guard that we all should have.

It is quite clear to me that the only thing that the UK security industry is doing is making work for its self and the only thng that it protects is the jobs of the managment who seem to let the tabloid press set the agenda.

It is high time that the managment of security was taken away from the publicity driven MP,s and civil servants and given back to the aviation industry and the police then and only then will common sence retun.

The other thing I would like to see return is items from my cabin crews first aid kit that the unthinking idiots at BHX security have removed , an action that has not made flying safer ...quite the opposite !